swimmingly

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Just a couple new pictures because I actually need to get going to badminton. :) I know, the pressure, the pressure...

On Thursday Ola and I voyaged downtown to see what we could see of APEC. We didn't see much, though as we had to cut right by the conference centre to get to Jeremy's house, we had the distinct impression of not being able to joke about terrorist acts. Really, the closest any of us got to the action of APEC was Sarah and Ryan mooning people as part of a protest, and us watching press conferences between John Howard and George Bush. And seeing a couple more police downtown. It was kind of anticlimactic, if I do say so myself. Still, it was a good excuse to go downtown and chill at Jeremy's! Then, last night we went for very very yummy sushi over in Epping, because of Ian's birthday and a general craving for raw fish. Mm, sushi.

Waterloo Road, right next to the Village

downtown at Darling Harbour, looking at the conference centre where APEC was held

we were there!

boats at the maritime museum

more Darling Harbour and downtown Sydney

it may be a bit blurry... but it's picture #6000 on my camera! who says I don't get my money's worth out of digital products?

Tsehaye and I at dinner last night

roommates and so forth (aka, "the crew") out for Japanese--Tsehaye, me, Sarah, Anne, Harry, Julian, Ryan, Edgar, and Mat!

0 comments: