sheesh...

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

1. Thank goodness for sunshine.

2. Boo on Shakespeare. While it's "easy" to churn out 1500 words on love in Twelfth Night, it's somehow depressing to know that you ain't saying a thing that hasn't already been said, and that it's virtually impossible to get something new from the play. The man's a literary genius, I won't deny it, but I just don't see the point in writing something that anyone else could have. Besides that... yaaawn.

3. I had to give SFSS positions another thought upon hearing that they pay about $1500 a month. That's not bad money, to be opinionated. And then I read another Peak article about leaked CFS documents where--gasp!--they're planning on doing a pro-CFS campaign during the referendum. Oh. My. God. Stop the presses. You mean they want to keep one of their main constituencies and are willing to put up some posters and make some phone calls to do so? Criminal, I say! I guess from here on in, all lobbyists, publicists, and politicians should be shot. That's what they're doing, isn't it? ("They hire their favourites," says past SFU anti-CFS rep Titus Gregory, who is now working for the anti-CFS student society at Kwantlen. "Pro-CFS councils are hiring pro-CFS people." I paraphrase, but you get the point. Geez.)

4. With the onset of student elections, and with friends in the thick of both sides, all I really want to do is to tell people to calm down, stop bitching, and to actually think about what would be good for the university and daily student life. "Student politicians" shouldn't exist. "Student representatives" should. If you want to be in politics, fine, be in politics, but keep it out of the university. Witch hunts and name calling get so, so, so, so tiring and redundant after a while.

5. I wonder what happened to make me go from activist to an irritated bystander...

1 comments:

Titus said...

Hi Joni,

In what context did I say "They hire their favorites?"