My parents went to the cabin...

Friday, November 25, 2005

Rain and fog make me depressed--but oh, how quickly that gets reversed. My parents went to the cabin last weekend, and this is what they saw. I'm so jealous... what I would give to get away from the 2.4 million people around me. What I would give to spend an entire day not having a harmful impact on the environment.

Today, I have:
  • eaten two meals out of disposable containers; only one of which was recyclable
  • purchased $40 worth of groceries, all of which will eventually end up in landfills or in sewage treatment plants
  • drank a cup of coffee out of a disposable cup
  • thrown out three pieces of paper because they were printed crooked
  • ridden on a gasoline bus
Maybe not the worst day in history, but I hate that there's so few positive things I can do--other than educate myself, that is. Education is sometimes so futile.

Anyway. Photos.


My dad, standing on the lake.



Also my dad, cutting down a tree that was threatening to fall on the cabin. Gotta love Mountain Pine Beetle.



I wish I was there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last photo is phenomenal. I am in awe.

Anonymous said...

That last picture is phenomenal. I am in awe.

PatZ said...

you know what Bush and Co. say, "education is the enemy."